Rescue Firefighter (RFF) / Ground Crew (part-time)
We currently have a vacancy for a part-time Firefighter to work in our Ground Crew at Blackbushe Airport. Blackbushe is a busy GA airfield and has ambitious plans to develop its existing infrastructure over the next 18 months. We are looking for a person who will enjoy this environment and share in the development.
Role and Responsibilities
Once you have completed initial training, you will be responsible for providing RFFS services critical for the effective, safe, and efficient conduct of flights using the aerodrome in accordance with current CAA legislation and the Aerodrome’s Safety Management System, policies and practices.
We pride ourselves in giving our customer a great service, and as a RFFS you will manage the majority of the interaction with our visitors. This will include dealing with many of our customers face to face across the airport site.
- A passion for Aviation.
- The ability to work under pressure on your own and in a small team.
- A confident communicator, both spoken and written.
- A great personality, able to build relationships with Aerodrome users, potential customers, outside agencies, and the Blackbushe Airport team.
- An entrepreneurial attitude, able to problem solve and innovate.
- You will ideally already have Firefighting experience either for a county fire service, or another aerodrome.
- Alternatively, we are open to supporting the right individual in training to become a RFFS.
- Experience of using heavy machinery, including tractors, lawn mowers etc would be a plus.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Training will be provided on the Airport’s Red Atlas system to enable the recording of fuel, and taking of payments.
- A full UK manual driving license, with no penalty points.
We work a shift system covering the published hours of the airport, which are 0630 – 1830, 7 days a week. There will be a mix of shifts on a rolling 16 day pattern. This will involve mainly shifts between 10:30 and 17:30, as well as some longer shifts from 06:30-18:30. The part-time role will be for approximately 160 days per year, with an average of 22 hours per week.
Plenty of overtime will be available to candidates who seek it, both to cover holidays from the rest of the team, as well as evening extensions between 18:30 and 22:30.
For more information which includes the rate of pay, and all the activities you may be expected to do, please download the Job Description:
Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment will be provided, along with in-house training on Firefighting and airport procedures.
Due to the rural location of the role, you will need your own transport.
You must also provide evidence that you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this fantastic opportunity to join a growing Airport business, please apply now by sending an up to date and relevant CV and covering letter.
We track and organise applications using a specific email title. Please be sure not to alter the subject line of your email to ensure your application is submitted to the correct position.
If you experience trouble with our Application link, please send us an email with the subject "Application - #108 - RFFS" to firstname.lastname@example.org.