PART TIME LICENSED Aerodrome Flight Information Services Officers (FISOs)
Due to the growth of the business, we are now looking to recruit some flexible part time Licensed FISOs. Blackbushe is a busy GA Airfield and has ambitious plans to develop its existing infrastructure over the next 18 months. We are looking for people who will share in this development and help us cover the current team we have here. There are possibilities of permanent full-time jobs going forward as the airport develops, but there will only be a few hours a week in the initial phase.
Role and Responsibilities
Once validated, you will be responsible for providing information useful for the effective, safe and efficient conduct of flights using the Aerodrome and the associated air traffic zone, by providing a comprehensive air traffic service in accordance with current CAA legislation and the Aerodrome’s Safety Management System, policies and practices
- You will be passionate about aviation, be able to work under pressure with the ability to work in a small team.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills to enable effective liaison with Aerodrome users, outside agencies and the RFFS.
- You will be proficient in MS Office packages and be keen to work in a safety critical environment.
- You will already have a FISO License and have practical experience as an Air Ground Operator.
- Training will be provided on the Airport’s Red Atlas system to enable the management of air traffic movements to be recorded.
The hours of work are flexible, depending on the needs of the business and your availability. Airport opening times are from 0630 – 2200 Monday – Sunday, so there will be a mix of early, mid and late shifts.
Due to the rural location of the role, your own reliable transport is essential.
You must also provide evidence that you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this fantastic opportunity to join a growing Airport business, please apply now by sending an up to date and relevant CV to the HR Department at Blackbushe Airport, or call us on 01252 471 300 and speak to Paul or Clare.