Part-Time Management Accountant
We currently have a vacancy for a Part-Time Qualified Management Accountant to work in our administration office at Blackbushe Airport. Working in a small team reporting to the Airport Manager, this is a hands-on position requiring a large amount of autonomy, but also working well within the airport team to communicate financial information.
Quality of information Is of utmost importance, therefore a good understanding of how the organisation works, as well as excellent attention to detail is vital.
Blackbushe is a busy GA airfield and has ambitious plans to develop its existing infrastructure over the next 18 months. We are looking for a person who will enjoy this environment and share in the development.
Accounts Receivable Functions
- Weekly production of all invoices, and dissemination to customer account holders
- Management of customer subscription recurring invoices
- Creation and recording of Direct Debit and Credit Card continuous payment authority transactions
- Dealing with customer invoice queries in a professional and friendly manner
- Credit Control of all debtors within the terms of customer agreements and company policy
- Production of Aged Debtors reports on a weekly basis for the Airport Manager
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Maintaining accurate customer records in company database
Accounts Payable Functions
- Recording of all invoices within the financial system, in accordance with correct nominal coding.
- Management of credit facilities, including overdraft, credit cards, and supplier credit accounts
- Setting up payment runs in online banking system
- Maintaining accurate supplier records in company database
- Monthly reconciliation of the Financial Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Use of Accounts Control to post Journals
- Monthly Management Account Snapshot
- Monthly Budget and Cashflow forecast updates (actuals vs forecasted analysis)
- Quarterly preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Management of Fixed Assets Registry, depreciation, and disposals
- Preparing annual statutory accounts for an external accountant, including reconciliation, pre-payments, accruals, and provision for bad debts
- Monthly petty cash reconciliation
- Monthly stock control
- Monthly payroll including pension assessment, RTI, and year end processes
- Ad-hoc financial support to the Airport Manager and other members of staff as required
- Sound working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Payroll is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience of working in a small business in an individual accounting role
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and take on responsibilities
- An entrepreneurial spirit, able to identify cost savings, or business opportunities from a financial perspective
- A positive can-do attitude
- Good written and verbal English is essential
- A passion for customer service, both to internal and external stakeholders
Hours of Work
This role is 4 days per week from 09:00 – 17:00. Usual days are Tuesday – Friday, but this can be flexible on occasion, so long as suitable cover in the admin office is available.
Due to the rural location of the role, you will need your own transport. You must also provide evidence that you are legally entitled to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this fantastic opportunity to join a growing Airport business, please apply now by sending an up to date and relevant CV and covering letter, along with your salary expectations.
We track and organise applications using a specific email title. Please be sure not to alter the subject line of your email to ensure your application is submitted to the correct position.
If you experience trouble with our Application link, please send us an email with the subject "Application - #107 - Management Accountant" to email@example.com.